Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A tidbit

I'm enclosed in mosquito netting as I lie on my bed typing this post at 11:15pm Tuesday night. That's 2:15 Tuesday afternoon for my Oregon friends.

The wind is blowing fiercely outside and the waves of Lake Kariba are pounding the shore.

I don't have anything bright to say tonight.I have little time to reflect and write in these days. They are full. Meanwhile I am accumulating more and more stories to tell.



I almost don't have words to describe how I feel about arriving in Sinazongwe today. Our family has invested prayer, time and money in this place. I can hardly believe I am actually here. It was a joy to greet Betty today, the ADP manager, for whom I have offered so many prayers these past 15 months. Tomorrow I get to meet Shawi, our sponsored child, and I will also see a borehole that is the result of money we received in my accident settlement. I feel nervous and excited as I walk through these days. I don't know what they will look like and I don't know what they will mean for me. But I am grateful to be here.



Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Say "hi" to Betty for me. Enjoy your sponsored child and borehole.

    ReplyDelete