Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Welcome!

I started this blog with the intention of telling family and friends about my trip to Africa. But from the very beginning the story came out bigger than that...I don't know how long I'll write and where the stories are going exactly, but you are welcome to follow along wherever this road takes me. 

If this is your first time here, my Mom would tell you to start from the beginning. The blog reads backward with the most recent posts feeding first. So you'll have to scroll to the bottom, or click through the daily archives over at the right.

The cliffnotes--I'm a trained elementary school teacher, but 5 years ago I had a traumatic brain injury as the result of a dramatic car accident. I live with lingering effects of that injury and as a result, will not likely ever teach again. The journey these five years since has often been very frustrating. Without the sustaining love of family and friends, and the grace of God, I would not be writing this story today. 

My accident story links to my relationship to WaterAfrica in surprising ways, and in August I traveled with WaterAfrica to Zambia. That's how this blog got started.

I'm frequently asked for some particular post links so here they are:

Gifts from the Broken Jar

Our wrecked van & the van in Choma

The OVC (orphans and vulnerable children) visit



No comments:

Post a Comment